St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church located on Jalan Raja Chulan, Kuala Lumpur and not far from Telekom Museum. This church was the original Scottish planter’s church. It was built between 1917 and 1918 and opened for worship amid much colonial fanfare. The building of this church was originally opposed by Loke Chow Kit who wanted the land for a Chinese language school.

The church has the best church pipe organ in working condition. The Riddel-Eminent organ is a hybrid made up of components of the original 1939 Riddell organ married to the 1998 Eminent console by organ builder Mr Robert Navaratnam of Singapore.

In 1992, the St. Andrew’s Cross was installed. The Cross is a replica of an 18th century brass altar cross found in the ancient church of Llandyfrydog on a wind-swept western isle in Britain.

Comments are closed.